Online Privacy Statement
We recognize that customers, visitors, users, members and others (collectively or individually "Users") who use our websites (collectively, including all content available on or through the aforesaid websites, to be collectively referred to as the "Website") value their privacy.
This Privacy Statement provides important information regarding our use and disclosure of User information collected on the Website. We provide this Privacy Statement to help you make an informed choice about whether to use or continue using our Website.
Please note that any photograph, video, image, or other content in any media or format posted at the discretion of Users onto the Website becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Statement.
The Information We Collect
• User Provided Information:
You may provide certain personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, NRIC / Passport / FIN or other personal identification number, postal or email address and telephone numbers) to us when choosing to participate in various activities on our Website.
• Cookies Information:
When you visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies (which is a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Some features of our Website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
• Log File Information:
When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Clear GIFs Information:
When you use the Website, we may employ "clear GIFs" (also known as “Web Beacons”) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e. in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way Collected Information Is Used
• If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Website, then we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our Website.
• Any personal information, audio and/or visual content, posting and other communications in any media or format that you voluntarily disclose online (including but not limited to forums, discussion threads or boards, in messages, weblogs, chat rooms or areas, journals, classifieds and within your public profile page) and information of and on your recent visits to the various hyperlinks or pages of the Website whether you upload, download or post content or otherwise, becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name is displayed to other Users when you upload audio and/or visual content or send messages through the Website and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any audio and/or visual content, posting and other communications in any media or format that you submit to the Website may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
• Whenever we send you any information, you have a choice whether or not you wish to continue receiving such information. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, please inform us via email as soon as possible. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (e.g. notifying you of major Website changes or for customer service purposes).
• We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (e.g. anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data) to improve the quality and design of our Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Is Collected Information Disclosed
• We do not share your personally identifiable information with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you also have a choice whether or not to participate. If you do not wish to participate in such program or feature, please inform us via email as soon as possible.
• We do share non-personally-identifiable information with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on our Website.
• We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with all and any applicable laws, or where it is pursuant to or we are required to respond to a governmental, regulatory, administrative or court order or directive, a subpoena or a search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement generally, or about your personal information and your consent.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you also have a choice whether or not participate. If you do not wish to participate in such program or feature, please inform us via email as soon as possible. Information about your usage of the website, excluding information that is personally identifiable, may be monitored by third party advertisers.
Our Commitment To Data Security
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Website and you do so entirely at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, what we will do is to make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs.
Our Commitment to the Privacy of Persons under 18
We believe strongly in protecting the privacy of persons under the age of 18 years of age. Therefore, except as expressly provided in this Privacy Statement, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Website from this demographic group.
Persons under the age of 18 years of age who access the Website at any time or in any manner should do so only with the consent of their parents or legal guardians, and preferably, under their guidance and/or supervision. If we learn that personally identifiable information of any persons under 18 have been collected on the Website without verified parental consent (or that of the legal guardian’s), we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. Parents or legal guardians, who have any concerns or issues regarding the privacy of persons under 18 accessing the Website or about the Website generally, please email us.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Acquisition, Sale, or Insolvency
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with another entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
In the event of our insolvency, reorganization, receivership, winding-up or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be revised, amended or modified periodically. Please re-visit this page to stay in touch with any changes. Generally, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Statement in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Website signifies your acceptance and agreement to this Privacy Statement and any future revisions to the same.
For revisions, amendments or modifications to this Privacy Statement that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we may attempt (but shall not be obliged) to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions, amendments or modifications with respect to such information.